Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kindleness

I was thinking of maybe treating myself to a Kindle Fire, now that they're finally available in the UK. But having just had a proper look at them, they're LCD and I don't think I could settle comfortably and read a book on an LCD screen. I stare at LCD for 8 1/2 hours a day at work, and I'd take E Ink over more of the same after-hours any time.

So, I'm thinking the best option for me would be the newest low-end version, this little chappie:



My current Kindle is the original beastie, with the keyboard at the bottom that does nothing but get in my way. And whilst there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I like the idea of a smarter looking, lighter version.

But then, those lucky 'mericans have an even newer Kindle Paperwhite I see. Which looks even better. Will that ever make its way over here I wonder? perhaps I should wait it out?



..or perhaps, as I tend to always get any books in a series I want to keep/re-read in paper format anyway, I should just forget it? 

decisions...

4 comments:

  1. If you're after a touch screen ereader with an E-Ink screen you should definitely get a Kobo Touch. I've got one an it's amazing! Plus you can get more free ebooks in the Kobo library than you can in the amazon marketplace.

    Sorry if that confuses you further but I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garghhh...
      I hadn't even considered anything non-Kindle...
      this opens up a whole new world of ditheriness!
      thanks ;)

      Delete
  2. That's a toughie. I've the keyboard version too, and I'm tempted by the slimmer Kindle. I think it won't be long before the Paperwhite ends up in the UK, so I'd say it'd be best to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure you're right,
      the trouble is..patience is not my strongest quality!
      makes sense though..

      Delete