Friday, October 26, 2012

Epic Fantasy Wishlist

With the threat of redundancy looming, I'm trying to look on the bright side...and as I've been in my current job for quite some time I'm hoping that if the worst does come to the worst, there will at least be a semi-decent package for me to leave the building with, and I will have a bit of time on my hands to re-group and maybe get around to some R&R (rest & reading!). It got me thinking about some of the huge Fantasy titles that I'm ashamed to have not got around to yet, and I have (yet another) list building up..including the following:




















Pretty atrocious of me to have left these Legends untried eh? :( I'd be very interested, gentle reader (if I have any!) as to the One Epic Fantasy novel you would recommend...in a 'My house is on fire and I can only save one book' style. What's the one Epic you wouldn't be without? What's the one Epic you'd turn to if your world had crumbled around your ears, and you had no idea how you were going to pay the bills and take care of your family, but you needed a few days just to switch off and rest and 'hide from the world' before facing things?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good mix, though I've not read any of those at all either :)

    Hmmm, good question. I've not really reread any of my fantasy books (mainly because I've too damn many!) At the moment I'd go for Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete